The Club América vs Deportivo Toluca F.C. Timeline history highlights one of the most entertaining and passionate rivalries in Mexican football. Since the first meeting between the two teams in 1950, their rivalry has only intensified. We will examine the highlights and outcomes of each match, from its inception to the present day, to better comprehend the evolution of this renowned rivalry.
See the most pivotal moments in the history of Mexican football! Discover the most notable events in the history of Club América versus Toluca F.C.
Club América Vs Deportivo Toluca F.C. Timeline – Storylines
Before to losing the first leg against Toluca, Club America had won 14 of their previous 15 matches. Over the whole regular season, the Aguilas enjoyed a perfect home record. The Diablos Rojos were defeated at Club America on Matchday 3 of the Liga MX Apertura 2022. (1-0). Owing to the early dismissal of Claudio Baeza after only 31 minutes, Toluca was severely disadvantaged in that game.
Throughout the course of the regular season, Toluca’s road record was 3 wins, 2 ties, and 3 losses. Nonetheless, Nacho Ambriz’s club needs simply a victory or a tie to proceed. In the event that the final score is a tie, Club America automatically goes to the championship as the top team.
Deportivo Toluca F.c. Vs Club América Timeline
The following is the schedule for deportivo toluca f.c. vs club américa:
- 1975: In the Liga MX final between Club America and Deportivo Toluca F.C. in 1975, Club America wins the first leg 3-0 and holds on for a 1-1 draw in the second leg to win the championship.
- 1998: In another Liga MX final, Club America and Deportivo Toluca F.C. play to a 4-4 stalemate in the first leg before Club America wins the championship with a 1-0 victory in the second leg.
- 2000: Deportivo Toluca F.C. eliminates Club America from the Copa Libertadores quarterfinals, 2-1 on aggregate, in 2000.
- 2002: Club America exacts revenge in the Copa Libertadores, eliminating Deportivo Toluca F.C. with a 5-3 aggregate score in the quarterfinals.
- 2008: Deportivo Toluca F.C. stuns Club America in the Liga MX playoffs in 2008, defeating them 5-4 on aggregate to progress to the semifinals.
- 2012: Club America won their eleventh Liga MX championship by defeating Deportivo Toluca F.C. 2-0 in the championship game.
- 2018: Club America and Deportivo Toluca F.C. play to a dramatic 3-3 draw in the Liga MX playoffs, with Club America advancing to the semifinals 5-4 on penalties.
Famous Players From Each Team
The following are notable players from Club America:
- Pablo Aguilar is the current captain of Club America and a tough defender. He’s been a member of this team since 2013. With club America, he has won one CONCACAF Champions League and two league titles.
- Cuauhtémoc Blanco is the best Mexican footballer of all time and the leading scorer for the Mexican national team. In addition, he is a renowned Club-American icon who spent 11 years with this side and contributed to five and three CONCACAF Champions League titles.
- Oribe Peralta is an additional legend who has played for Club America for the past seven years. He has won four and two CONCACAF Champions League titles with this team.
The following are some notable Deportivo Toluca F.C. players:
- Antonio Carbajal is also referred to as “El Cinco Copas” due to his participation in five World Cups. He had played for Mexico in five World Cup squads and earned 48 caps.
Read More: Anti Wordle
The rivalry between Club América and Deportivo Toluca F.C. extends back to the early days of both clubs. The two sides have met a total of 97 times, with América winning 43, Toluca winning 32, and 22 matches ending in a draw.
In the Liga MX playoffs, the two teams have clashed more regularly in recent years. In the quarterfinals of the Clausura 2014 season, they met and Club América prevailed 3-1 on aggregate. Then, in the quarterfinals of the 2014 Apertura tournament, they fought again, with Toluca prevailing by a score of 2-1.
The two teams most recently met in the semifinals of the 2015 Clausura tournament. This time, Club América prevailed, prevailing 5-3 on aggregate after both games.
With such a long and storied history, there is little doubt that this rivalry between these two Mexican powerhouses will continue for many years.
Club America vs. Deportivo Toluca F.C. – The Timeline of The Rivalry
Club América vs F.C. Deportivo Toluca F.C Timeline. This rivalry dates back to the early days of Mexican football, when the two clubs dominated the sport.
The rivalry began when Club América was created in the early 1920s. In 1922 and 1923, the club captured the Mexican Primera División. In contrast, Deportivo Toluca was founded in 1917 and won its first Mexican Primera División championship in 1932.
1934 saw the first competitive meeting between the two clubs, which Club América won 2-1. The two clubs would face off multiple times in the Mexican Primera División, with Club América typically emerging victorious.
The most noteworthy match between the two clubs was in the final of the Mexican Primera División Clausura in 1986. The match was played over two legs, with Club América claiming a 2-1 victory at Stadium Azteca in the first game. The second leg at Estadio Nemesio Diez resulted in a 1-1 tie, earning Club América the championship.
Read More: Pacman 30th Anniversary
Club America and Deportivo Toluca F.C. – A Brief History
Since the earliest days of Mexican football, Club América and Deportivo Toluca F.C. have a long and rich history. For over a century, the two teams have been bitter rivals, with their rivalry sometimes referred to as the “Clásico Capitalino” or the “Capital City Derby.”
On their first meeting on April 2, 1916, América won 2-1. Since then, the two clubs have faced each other a total of 243 times, with América claiming 103 victories and Toluca 85. Moreover, the two teams have played to a total of 155 draws.
Club América and Deportivo Toluca F.C. are largely regarded as having the most fierce and intense rivalry in Mexican football. The two clubs are located in close proximity to one another in the capital city of Mexico, and the fans of both are passionately loyal and devoted.
The rivalry between América and Toluca reached its zenith in the late 1990s and early 2000s, when both teams dominated Mexican soccer. During that time period, América won a total of five Mexican league titles, while Toluca won three.
Also, the two clubs clashed in the Mexican Clausura playoffs in 1999 and 2000, with América emerging victorious both times.
In recent years, both clubs have been overshadowed by other teams in the Mexican league, which has cooled the rivalry significantly. Yet, the rivalry is still very much alive, and any meeting between América and Toluca is going to be intense.
How Can You See Free Club América vs. Deportivo Toluca F.C. Streams?
Club America and Toluca will square off in the second leg of the Liga MX Apertura 2022 quarterfinals. FuboTV (7-day free trial) will provide live streaming or viewing of the event in the United States. If you don’t want to miss the game in the United States, you can use VIX+, the TUDN App, Univision NOW, TUDN USA, or Univision.
Read Also: Kof Mugen Wf Orochi Iori Dreamform Sula
The rivalry between Club América and Deportivo Toluca F.C. exemplifies the fervor and skill of Mexican football. Over the years, these two clubs have played many memorable matches against one another. From historic clashes in Liga MX to epic battles in the Copa MX, the Club América vs. Deportivo Toluca F.C match history is full of drama, excitement, and unforgettable moments.
As supporters, we can look back on this rivalry with pride and admiration for the talent and commitment displayed by these two legendary football clubs. The rivalry between Club América and Deportivo Toluca F.C. will continue to engage and inspire fans for many years to come.